Humane Animal Dispatch ONLINE
The newest addition to your Lantra approved training
Humane Animal Dispatch
Jelen PWS’ popular HAD course has now been launched online. The home study course includes 30 modules of information, videos and PDF’s with accompanying multiple choice questions to test you throughout your learning process.
With the increase in road traffic, more suitable habitat and the resultant increase in deer populations, there has never been a greater need for Police constabularies to be supported by professionally trained HAD (Humane Animal Dispatch) operatives able to work in high-pressure environments.
This LANTRA approved online course will teach you how to deal with animals suffering as a result of vehicle collisions, as well as help you to put together safe working protocols. It will help improve your collaboration with the UK’s Police constabularies.
The course syllabus includes the following:
- 30 modules of HAD information, videos and PDF’s, and multiple-choice questions and answers
- Deer Vehicle Collisions (DVC) – causes and effects on both animal and public
- The effect of seasons and time of day on DVCs
- Constabulary involvement and Legislative issues
- HAD Operator/Warden personal attributes and qualities
- Risk Management at the DVC Scene
- HAD Operator/Warden procedures and methods at the DVC scene
- HAD Operator/Warden equipment list
- Shot placement, effects and carcass disposal procedures
- Deer & Wild Boar emphasis – biology and habits
- Interviews with DVC & HAD experts
LANTRA is one of the leading awarding bodies for land-based industries in both the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Lantra is accredited by the British Standards Institution (BSI) for ISO 9001:2015 and ISMS 27001:2013 for Skills+. It is also recognised by Ofqual, SQA, and Qualification Wales.
HAD Methods Practical Course available soon!
Online Course Available from
17th February 2021
Applicants for this course must have a valid Shotgun/Firearms Certificate and have some shooting experience
Get Instant Access
Eligibility for the course
Delegates must be over 16 years of age, and not be a prohibited person for gun control